Ubisoft Outlines Plans to Fix GHOST RECON: BREAKPOINT; Next Update Goes Live Later in January
Like Anthem, Ubisoft Paris' Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint launched as a buggy, frustrating mess, but the French publisher doesn't give up on the open-world shooter and is still trying to fix the broken — and quite confused — video game. Fortunately, the title's next major patch is officially just around the corner.
Following the disastrous October launch — which was so bad sales-wise that the studio was forced to overhaul its editorial creative team to hopefully make more distinct projects — Ubisoft announced that it would be working on free updates to fix and change some of the game's most polarising elements, like its randomly generated, tiered loot and survival mechanics.
Ubisoft recently revealed when the next major title update will be available — and Update 1.1.0 will go live by the end of January. Here's an overview of all the changes that are coming to Breakpoint via Update 1.1.0:
- Made improvements to Night Vision.
- Sharpshooter exploit with DMR rifles addressed in all modes (PvP, Raid, PvE).
- Players who previously lost their Thermal / Night Vision will get it back after loading their save.
- Players who previously lost their Water Canteen or Binoculars will get them back after loading their save.
- Rebalanced Stamina for PvP after it was buffed in a previous TU.
- Toned down the coughing sounds players could hear while in Erewhon. Enemies will no longer shout in pain after being shot in the head. Improved AI behavior:
- Fixed an issue where enemies investigating will go to cover mid-detection.
- If enough NPCs die at a single spot, they will stop rushing the player and will get into cover more often than before.
- We also modified the vanish rules so that NPCs will stay in the fight if they are close enough to the player.
- The Digital Scope now has multiple levels of zoom.
Given that Ubisoft has truly mastered the hard art of supporting their games with quality content for years post-launch, it's safe to say that Breakpoint won't be abandoned by the publisher anytime soon — it's just a shame that the brand has been turned into another looter shooter with all the sub-genre's growing pains.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a military shooter set in a diverse, hostile, and mysterious open world that you can play entirely solo or in four-player co-op. Injured, without support, and hunted down by ex-Ghosts, you must fight to survive while lost in Auroa. Choose the right alliances and decide how to take down your toughest enemy.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is currently available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC (via Uplay, Origin and the Epic Games Store).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Bartosz Sobczak - Owner, Editor-in-Chief
Lawyer by day, video game reporter by night. Long-time fan of the Mass Effect, Age of Empires, Prince of Persia, BioShock — especially the second one — and Splinter Cell series (who still believes that the best is yet to come). Tries his hardest to shine a new light on the Polish game-development scene. Gameplay Mechanix is his biggest passion project to date. Often listens to old episodes of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson while writing. Privately a cat person.
Comments for this thread are now closed...