RAINBOW SIX SIEGE: OPERATION VOID EDGE Is Available Now, as Ubisoft Releases a New Trailer for the DLC
The seventeenth major expansion for Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Siege is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, introducing players to two never-before-seen operators, one reworked map, a special Lara Croft Elite Set for Ash, and more.
There's no denying that Jordanian Defender Oryx and Dutch Attacker Iana are the main stars of Void Edge, as the duo may change the way Siege is played in a major way. According to Ubisoft, Iana uses holograms, allowing her to create a controllable (and quite vulnerable) clone of herself. The other newcomer is strong enough to pierce through walls, but he loses health every time the Remah Dash is used for breaching.
Beyond the aforementioned features, Operation Void Edge's additional gameplay updates include:
- Barricade debris consistency: partially breaking a barricade with a weapon or a melee hit will now create much smaller debris.
- Attacker’s drone spawn: the drone will now always spawn on the same side of the site as the one the player first chose their Operator to spawn from.
- Player Hub Changes: the Play Section is getting revamped.
- Lesion and Twitch changes: Lesion will no longer be able to see his Gu Mines through obstructions, and when an opposing Operator steps on a Gu, there will no longer be any initial damage. However, each tick’s damage has been increased from four to six. On Twitch’s side, her Shock Drone will now start with three shots, but it will have a cooldown. Its firing power has also been reduced to one point of damage.
- Operator price decrease: Mira and Jackal’s prices will now be 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits; Lion and Finka’s are down to 15,000 Renown or 350 R6 Credits; and Mozzie and Gridlock’s costs will decrease to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
- Void Edge Weapon skins: Three new seasonal weapon skins will be available this season, each with their own unique style: the sleek Saber Carbe, the playful Clog Dance, and the colorful River Scale.
- Year 5 Pass: The Year 5 pass includes access to six new Year 5 Operators and six new exclusive headgears and uniforms for them. Players will also get the same VIP perks as always. Year 4 Pass owners who renew their Pass for Year 5 will also receive 600 R6 Credits, as well as two Legendary and three Epic Alpha Packs.
Without further ado, take a look at Rainbow Six - Operation Void Edge in its launch trailer down below:
The Siege is a brand-new style of gameplay embracing the reality of counter-terrorist operatives across the world: intense and asymmetrical close-quarters combat between attackers and defenders. As a defender, you will have the means to transform your environment into strongholds to prevent the attackers from breaching. As an attacker, you will have many planning options to face this challenge and defuse these situations.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege is currently available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam, Origin, Uplay and the EGS); coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X at a later date.