SHADOW TIDE Is the Focus of THE DIVISION 2: WARLORDS OF NEW YORK Season One Overview Trailer
Mechanic: Bartosz Sobczak
Category: Tom Clancy's The Division 2
The recent launch of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: Warlords of New York was only a small beginning of the Ubisoft Massive–made looter shooter's (hopefully) new era, with new content being added to the sandbox throughout the year.
During the first part of the Shadow Tide season — which will be ongoing for the next 12 weeks — players will be able to participate in new activities and claim pricey rewards. Before doing that, gamers will need to get some dirty work done, as the first new in-game target, Neptune, is now available to hunt down.
As a reminder, The Division 2 and Warlords of New York are coming to Google Stadia on March 17, 2020.
The main idea behind Shadow Tide is simple: every three weeks, a new target will join the game's rogue gallery, with Molly Henderson (Jupiter) being the season's main villain. Before facing the corrupted agent, players will try to kill her four lieutenants (the aforementioned Neptune, Venus, Saturn and Mercury) first.
To learn more about Shadow Tide, check out Ubisoft' notes on the DLC and dedicated trailer down below:
- Seasonal Levels – 100 levels are available to earn throughout the season, yielding increased rewards as you progress through the ranks including gear, cosmetic items as well as new gear sets and a unique exotic. Each season, an optional Season Pass* is available in the in-game store, granting additional cosmetics and opportunities for season gear as you progress. The Season 1 – Shadow Tide Season Pass is free for all Warlords of New York owners. Remember, all in-game activities granting XP will also count towards your Seasonal Level progression, ensuring that you can progress at your own pace and through playing your favorite content.
- Seasonal Manhunt Targets – Throughout the season, five seasonal manhunt targets will become available. A new target unlocks every 3 weeks and is accompanied by a double XP event, providing an opportunity to progress quicker. Take down all four Lieutenants to unlock the Prime Target. Once the Prime Target is dealt with, you will unlock the unique skill variant, EMP Sticky Bomb.
- Leagues – Prove your status as an agent by rising through the ranks, competing with other players in various in-game activities to rank up and earn rewards. Season 1 contains four Leagues, each lasting 2 weeks and yielding up to 10 rewards based on your performance.
- Global Events – Global Events are one-week time limited in-game events, allowing you to activate gameplay-altering modifiers. The Global Event modifiers will have you adjust your tactics, offering you new ways to experience Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. Three Global Events will become available this season and participating in the each event yields up to 10 rewards based on your performance.
- Apparel Event – In Season 1, the Urban Jungle apparel event will become available from March 31 to April 20, earn or purchase keys with Premium Credits to obtain new apparel.
- Rewards – Season 1 offers a variety of rewards to players as they progress. The following rewards are available to earn this season.
- EMP Sticky Bomb - A new unique skill variant
- Striker Gear Set
- System Corruption Gear Set
- Coyote’s Mask Exotic
- 4 Gear Brands
- 15 Named Weapons
- 4 Named Gear Pieces
- Striker Outfit (Available in Season 1 Pass)
New York, where the events of the first Division game was set, is under threat of a new, devastating biochemical attack. While The Division was answering the distress call in Washington, D.C., Aaron Keener, a former Division Agent turned Rogue, has taken control of Lower Manhattan and is manipulating the factions of New York with the help of dangerous Rogue Agents.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: Warlords of New York is currently available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Uplay and the Epic Games Store); will launch on Google Stadia on March 17, 2020.