DISCO ELYSIUM–Esque VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE – SHADOWS OF NEW YORK Has Been Announced
Mechanic: Bartosz Sobczak
Category: Role-Playing Games
The development team at Draw Distance has just announced a completely new — and most importantly, stand-alone — expansion to last year's visual novel Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York, titled Shadows of New York. The DLC will be released on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in 2020; priced at $15.99.
"While Coteries was a general introduction to the world depicted in the 5th Edition of the hit [...] game, Shadows presents a more personal and unique tale," the studio said on the game's Steam page.
Here's a short summary of Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York's core features and story beats:
- A visual novel tackling themes of personal and political horror, suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting.
- A stand-alone expansion to Coteries of New York. See the familiar metropolis through entirely different eyes. Expect new characters, new locations and a fresh original soundtrack.
- Play as a member of the Lasombra clan. Formerly vicious foes of the Camarilla, the Magisters decided to search for safety in the ranks of their former enemies. Master the shadows and communicate with the inhabitants of the Other Side, but beware – Oblivion is always lurking out there, ready to devour you whole.
- Explore the streets of the Big Apple. While you search for ways to satiate your bloodthirst, catch glimpses of various fascinating vignettes and forge connections with the eccentric inhabitants of the city. One playthrough won’t be enough to see it all.
- Shape your mind, shape your fate. You used to avoid defining yourself and tried to stay neutral, but given your situation, you can no longer afford to do so. The choices you make will alter the way you think, and your thinking will alter the paths you take.
Considering that Coteries turned out to be quite good, it's great to hear that the Cracow-based developer is not planning to abandon the beloved world anytime soon. Take a look at Shadow's first trailer down below:
Your old life is dead and buried. You have no afterlife to look forward to, and your vampiric unlife is about to fall apart unless you solve an unsolvable crime. Welcome to New York City... and welcome to the Lasombra clan, where failure is not an option.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC (via Steam) in 2020.