Elusive Targets, Escalation Contracts, and Sniper Assassin Mode Will Return in HITMAN 3
Fans of the Hitman reboot and its critically acclaimed follow-up should be pretty happy to hear that Hitman 3 will feature multiple game modes, including the beloved Sniper Assassin, Escalations, and Elusive Targets.
Considering that the most popular Elusive Target in 2018's Hitman 2 — named Mark Faba — was played by Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Game of Thrones), it's safe to say that at least one popular Hollywood actor (or actress) will make an appearance in the upcoming cross-gen stealth game.
According to IO Interactive, the studio will share even more details on the core features of the threequel on August 31. To learn more about the game's distinct modes, take a look at the official overview down below:
- The HITMAN 3 campaign mode will take you on a globetrotting adventure to sprawling sandbox locations and will deliver a dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy. Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional for the most important contracts of his entire career and when the dust settles, the world he inhabits will never be the same again.
- The stakes are high and the clock is ticking. Elusive Targets are the ultimate Hitman challenge and are designed to offer an exciting, pulse-pounding experience. You need to track down a unique target, with little-to-no help from the HUD or Instinct and hatch a plan to eliminate them on the fly. Good luck. In HITMAN 3, we’re making some changes to the Elusive Target formula that we’ll reveal at a later date.
- Pretty much anything goes in Escalations. Expect your gameplay skills to be pushed to the max as new elements are thrown at you in each stage of the contract. Disguise restrictions, added security cameras and other kinds of other complications will be thrown your way. You’ll need to overcome them all – and still manage to eliminate your targets – to call your mission a success!
- Play-to-create is at the core of Contracts Mode. Choose your own targets, choose how to eliminate them and then make it all happen. Once you’ve completed the contract yourself, challenge friends to compete for the best score on the leaderboards. Powerful search tools let you find the exact type of Contract that you want to play and look out for Featured Contracts, where IOI choose the best of the best to be played by the entire community.
- Dedicated to long-range assignments, Sniper Assassin tasks you with eliminating targets and guards without triggering an alarm, whilst completing challenges to boost your score multiplier. In HITMAN 3, Sniper Assassin can be played in existing maps as a single-player experience only. We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months.
- 1v1 competitive multiplayer came to the Hitman franchise for the first time with Ghost Mode. With our focus currently on other areas of the World of Assassination, Ghost Mode won’t be featured in HITMAN 3 and we have made the difficult decision to shut down the Ghost Mode servers for HITMAN 2 on Monday 31st August 2020. We have learnt a hell of a lot from Ghost Mode over the last two years and we’ll be taking all of those learnings onboard for what we do in the future with regards to multiplayer.
Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional in HITMAN 3 for the most important contracts of his entire career. Embark on an intimate journey of darkness and hope in the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy. Death awaits.
Hitman 3 is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PS VR, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia, and PC in January 2021.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Bartosz Sobczak - Owner, Editor-in-Chief
Lawyer by day, video game reporter by night. Long-time fan of the Mass Effect, Age of Empires, Prince of Persia, BioShock — especially the second one — and Splinter Cell series (who still believes that the best is yet to come). Tries his hardest to shine a new light on the Polish game-development scene. Gameplay Mechanix is his biggest passion project to date. Often listens to old episodes of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson while writing. Privately a cat person.
Comments for this thread are now closed...